Old Noarlunga Primary School is working to provide a rigorous learning program for both students in the class and those learning at home. Please see below for our Learning at Home handbook that outlines the main platforms and suggested learning schedules.
Advice for families on learning from home: https://www.education.sa.gov.au/our-learning-sa/advice-students-and-families
Accessing Online Resources
Accessing Google Classroom for Years 4-7
Google Classroom will be used by all classes from Years 4-7. Through Google Classroom, students can:
- access tasks
- submit completed work
- communicate with classmates and their teacher regarding tasks
- access feedback and scores for completed tasks
A device with an internet connection is required.
- To logon to Google Classroom, go to www.google.com.au.
- Click on the blue “Sign In” button in the top right corner of the screen. (If this does not appear, then refresh the page).
- Your child should then enter their normal computer login, followed by @onps.sa.edu.au (for example email@example.com.
- Your child should then enter their normal password.
- The “Sign In” button will now change to a coloured circle with your child’s initial. All of the apps, including Google Classroom are accessible from the nine square (waffle) symbol in the top right corner.
All login details will be provided by your child’s class teacher. While laptop or desktop computers are most suitable for using Google Classroom, apps can be downloaded for all devices.
Accessing Cisco Webex for Video Conferencing Sessions
Webex is the preferred video-conferencing app for the Department for Education. It will be used regularly for classroom teachers and students to communicate with children and parents at home.
Webex is available on all devices, but will require the download of an app.
- You child’s teacher will provide you with a link and set times to access the Webex video meeting.
- At the correct time, click on the link you have been sent.
- The first time you access Webex, you will be asked to download an app. Download the app onto your device.
- You will be asked if you want to allow Webex to access your devices camera and microphone. You will need to allow this if you wish to participate in the video meeting.
- Once the app has installed, and you have allowed access to your camera and microphone, you will be asked to enter your name and email address.
- You will then be placed in a “waiting room” until the teacher is ready to begin the meeting.
7. If you are late arriving at a meeting, the teacher can still approve your entry to the meeting.
Additional Learning Resources
In addition to the classroom program prepared by your child’s teacher and communicated through Facebook and Google Classroom, Old Noarlunga will be using a range of online learning resources to supplement the core program. Your child’s classroom teacher will provide login details where required.
Studyladder (link to https://www.studyladder.com.au/)
Learning activities, set by the classroom teacher, across learning areas.
Vocabulary Spelling City (link to https://www.spellingcity.com/)
Online spelling activities based on teacher-prepared lists.
Epic (link to https://www.getepic.com/)
An online library of over 40,000 books, videos and other resources.
Khan Academy (link to https://www.khanacademy.org/)
Free online courses, lessons and practice for a range of concepts.
Our Learning SA (link to https://www.education.sa.gov.au/our-learning-sa)
Supplementary resources collected by the SA Department for Education.