Whole School Communication
Old Noarlunga Primary School offers a range of methods to communicate information with the school community.
- Our Facebook page is regularly updated with news and events
- News, events, notes and other communication are also available through the Skoolbag App
- Fortnightly newsletters provide detailed information about classroom learning and activities
- Assemblies to celebrate student learning are held on Fridays, every three weeks, from 2.15pm (due to COVID-19, parents are currently not permitted to attend these, however we will endeavour to make them available through our Facebook page.)
Whole school communications are also regularly distributed via email.
Your child’s classroom teacher will regularly communicate with you regarding your child’s learning and development, including through the following methods:
- Acquaintance Night is held in Week 2 or 3, Term 1 every year to provide an overview of class expectations and processes to parents and caregivers
- Formal written reports are issued at the end of Term 2 and 4 every year
- Parent-teacher interviews are held to discuss student development in Weeks 8-9 of Term 1 (Term 3 in 2020)
- Classroom teachers will distribute a Class Newsletter in the first week of each term providing an overview of the class expectations and processes.
- All classes provide a private Classroom Facebook page to share learning and important information.
- Class teachers are able to contacted for incidental, non-urgent queries through Facebook Messenger (linked to the Classroom Facebook page) or by email. To discuss your child’s learning, parents are encouraged to arrange a time to meet with your child’s teacher.
- Urgent queries or information should be communicated via phone to the front office (08 8386 2093)
- Be aware that teaching staff are not able to check Facebook Messages or email when teaching your child, and will only respond to messages between 8.00am and 6.00pm on school days. Staff check email or Messages daily and endeavour to acknowledge inquiries within two working days.
Communication is fundamental to good relationships, and Old Noarlunga Primary School works to ensure consistency, clarity and convenience in our communication with parents and families. If you have questions about your child’s learning or the classroom program, contact your child’s classroom teacher in the first instance to arrange a mutually convenient time to discuss your concerns.